One open position for the term of 2022-2025
The Academy is seeking volunteers from among the membership to serve as a Director. Active AOAO members from all aspects of diversity including, but not limited to, gender, ethnicity and geography who have obtained the status of Fellow of the AOAO, and is board certified by the AOBOS, are encouraged to apply. As per the bylaws, candidates must have achieved the Award of Fellow.
If you do not meet the qualifications to serve on the Board of Directors, but would like to become involved in the Academy through Committees, click here.
Board members are expected to attend the face to face meetings, both at the Annual Spring Meeting and the Annual Fall Meeting. These requirements are subject to change. Board members are also expected to participate in conference calls, email discussions, email ballots, and other communications throughout the year. They may be asked to serve on special task forces and/or serve as liaisons to various committees or individuals within the Academy.
All positions begin and end on the last day of the AOAO Annual Meeting and are for a period of three years with the option of being nominated to serve a second term. Directors may serve two consecutive terms as per the bylaws.
- Attend all scheduled Board meetings.
- Prepare for active participation in Board meetings by reading Board Agenda materials prior to the date of the Board meeting.
- Participate in special projects related to governance issues, as assigned by the President.
- Chair committee(s) as assigned by the President
- Adherence to all current Academy policies including Conflict of Interest. To view the complete policy, click here.
The following are required for submissions to be considered complete:
- Completed Willingness to Serve Form
- Electronic CV with the form
- Personal statement outlining your willingness to serve, including your vision for future of the Academy
The Nominating Committee will consider all submissions that are completed by August 22, 2022.