If you already have an account with the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics and would like to renew or rejoin, click the button below. Forgot your login? Click here If you need assistance, please contact us at [email protected] or 804-565-6370.
AOAO members are encouraged to join specialty sections. These sections provide networking and leadership opportunities, education and collaboration. To learn more about the AOAO sections, please visit https://aoao.org/groups/sections/.
Impact the Future of Medicine – Join AOAO Today!
Enhancing its members’ ability to provide the finest training and continuous development of Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeons to positively improve the care, healing and quality of life of patients, the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics provides continuing education and networking opportunities for Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeons throughout the United States. By becoming an AOAO member, you gain access to our vast members-only resources and content. Members receive significant discounts at our Spring and Fall Annual Meetings where you will network and interact with world leaders in the field of orthopedics.
The benefits of becoming a member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics are numerous and include:
- NEW Benefit for Members to Obtain Medical Images
- The AOAO Board was presented with an opportunity to partner with mymedicalimages.com to provide access to software that would allow surgeons to view medical images provided by patients. The Board voted to proceed with providing members with this software. Click here for complete details
- Quality educational opportunities through our Annual Spring (Postgraduate) and Fall meetings, including discounts on registration
- Networking and mentorship opportunities with other members
- The Orthopod which is expanding with every issue and presents up-to-date news affecting your specialty
- AOAO works with the AOBOS to provide CME (specialty credit) to ensure your osteopathic certification
- Specialty Sections: Network with other surgeons within your sub-specialty when you become a section member. You also have an opportunity to serve as an officer of your specialty section and moderate and/or speak for a specialty educational session
- Free job postings and viewings on the AOAO website
- Doctor locator feature to provide more of an online presence for your practice or hospital
- Voting rights within the Academy
- Opportunities to serve on a variety of AOAO Committees
- Printed and online subscription to the JBJS portfolio of journals
- Members only portal
- Committee Updates
- Legislative Updates
- Member Directory
- Member News Items
- Fellowship Search: Search for past osteopathic orthopedic fellowship training sites or for AOAO members who have trained in a fellowship
- An opportunity to be eligible to see the Award of Fellow of the Academy: earn points for this special member designation through speaking, moderating, or serving as a section officer or as a committee volunteer
- AOAO mobile app: Keep track of AOAO updates, access conference information and pay your dues
Why Should You Join the AOAO?
Complete details can be found by clicking here.
- Active Members must be a DO or MD licensed to practice with an interest in the practice of orthopedics in the United States, a US Territory or Canada.
Current annual dues are $350.00.
The requirements for Associate Status Membership are:
- Be a graduate of a College of Osteopathic Medicine accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the AOA, or
- Be a graduate of an approved Allopathic Medical School, or a College recognized and approved by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Office of Education, or
- Be a graduate of a foreign medical school registered with the World Health Organization.
Associate members shall have voice but no vote in the affairs of the Academy. They may not become an officer or director, but may serve on committees, either as a member or chairmen. They may not serve on the Board of Directors. An applicant who would otherwise be eligible for either Candidate or Active Membership may not become an Associate Member.
- Current annual dues are $200.00.
- Members must be physicians enrolled in an osteopathic or allopathic residency or fellowship training program in the United States or Canada.
No annual dues for Candidate Members. Candidate Membership includes access to the AOAO Case Log System.
Allied Health Professional Members must be a licensed Nurse Practitioner, Physician
Assistant, Physical Therapist, or Occupational Therapist with an interest in orthopedic surgery.
Current annual dues for Allied Health Professionals are $175.00.
Military Members must be an individual who is an active full time member in the US
Armed Forces and is engaged in the practice of orthopedic surgery within any of the military
medical institutions or facilities in the world.
A requirement of Military Membership is to attend one out of every three Annual Meetings held each fall or one out of every three Postgraduate Seminars held each spring. These meetings provide excellent opportunities to meet your peers, to obtain valuable Continuing Medical Education credits, and to keep up-to-date on the latest in current Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgery techniques.
- Current annual dues for those in the military service are $200.00.
Student Members must be a member in good standing of the national Student American
Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics and enrolled in a College of Osteopathic Medicine
accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the AOA.
- $60 one time fee
Online Membership Application
Online Student Membership Application
Printable Membership Application
Printable membership applications must be completed, printed, signed and mailed with payment to:
2209 Dickens Road
Richmond, VA 23230-2005
Credit card payments may be sent by fax to 804-282-0090