The Academy is actively seeking a candidate for the full-time position of Executive Director who will interact with other national association leaders, represent and advocate for osteopathic orthopedic professionals, and work with the management team. This dynamic professional will have an opportunity to influence the future of the AOAO.
Requirements of the position:
* Must be a retired (or soon to be retired) osteopathic orthopedic surgeon;
* Previous AOAO board experience preferred; and
* A Fellow of the AOAO is preferred.
The Executive Director must represent the AOAO professionally, ethically and diplomatically. Salary will be commensurate with advanced degrees as well as leadership experience within and outside the Academy.
- April 2019 @ Annual Spring Meeting – Candidates review by the Task Force
- April – October 2019 – Vetting process (includes checking references and scheduling interviews at the Annual Fall Meeting in October 2019.
- October 24-26, 2019 – AOAO Board meets after interviews to make final selection
- October 2019-May 2020 – Candidate is notified and then prepares to reduce their practice if necessary
- May to September 1, 2020 – Candidate will shadow/attend meetings to be introduced to other organizations (could still work, travel will be covered by AOAO, but no salary)
- September 1, 2020 – Candidate begins position, part-time (suggest 4 hours per day, paid)
- October 24, 2020 – Candidate begins full-time
Deadline – February 28, 2019
Submit CV and letter of interest (which should include a personal statement of how you plan to help the AOAO in its mission and vision) to James Ingram, DO, Chair of the Executive Director Selection Task Force via Joye Stewart at [email protected] by February 28, 2019.