The ORE-O Grant was established in 2019 through a collaboration between the American Osteopathic Foundation (AOF) and the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics Foundation (AOAO-F) to provide financial support for osteopathic orthopedic endeavors in research and education for the advancement of the profession and provide opportunities for publishing such research.
The AOAO-F/AOF’s ORE-O grant supports Osteopathic Orthopedic Residents or Fellows in training who plan to pursue osteopathic orthopedic research through this grant, who has demonstrated their contribution to the science and knowledge of the biomechanical, biomedical, and clinical aspects of osteopathic orthopedic surgery through research and publication.
A monetary award of $10,000 will be awarded to one (1) Osteopathic Orthopedic Resident or Fellow in training. This award is given annually.
- Osteopathic Orthopedic Resident or a Fellow in an orthopedic specialty training program who is a member in good standing of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics.
- All aspects of research must be conducted during training.
Review Timeline and General Information
The application process for 2022 is now open.
- Deadline for submission: June 3, 2022
- Review Process complete by: July 15, 2022
- Recipient announced by: August 1, 2022