Consider Serving on the AOAO Board of Directors
Deadline – August 30, 2019
The Academy is seeking volunteers from among the membership to serve as a Director. Any active AOAO member may apply for a Director’s position on Board who has obtained the status of Fellow of the AOAO and is board certified by the AOBOS.
One position is available for the term of October 2019 until October 2022.
Board members are expected to meet twice annually at both the Postgraduate Seminar and the Annual Meeting. These requirements are subject to change. Board members are also expected to participate in conference calls, email discussions, email ballots, and other communications throughout the year. They may be asked to serve on special task forces and/or serve as liaisons to various committees or sections within the Academy.
All positions begin and end on the last day of the AOAO Annual Meeting and are for a period of three years with the option of being nominated to serve a second term. Directors may serve two consecutive terms as per the bylaws.
- Attend all scheduled Board meetings.
- Prepare for active participation in Board meetings by reading Board Agenda materials prior to the date of the Board meeting.
- Participate in special projects related to governance issues, as assigned by the President.
- Chair committee(s) as assigned by the President
- Adherence to all current Academy policies including Conflict of Interest. To view the complete policy, click here.
The following are required for submissions to be considered complete:
- Completed online Willingness to Serve Form (must be a Fellow of AOAO)
- Electronic CV with the form
- Personal statement outlining your willingness to serve, including your vision for future of the Academy.
The Nominating Committee will consider all submissions that are completed by August 30, 2019.
Willingness to Serve Form (member log in required)
Click here if you forgot your log in.