The Dr. John H. Drabing Virtual Library of the AOAO Foundation served as a members-only portal to a blend of orthopedic journals all in one online location. After two years of this valuable member benefit, AOAO’s Board of Directors have decided to update the selection of educational content at no charge to members. The subscription to the Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery Portfolio remains as a complimentary benefit for all AOAO members in print and online, accessible through the Members Only section. The JBJS Portfolio includes:
- Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery
- JBJS Reviews
- JBJS Essential Surgical Techniques
- JBJS Case Connector
- JBJS Journal of Orthopaedics for Physicians Assistants
- JBJS Open Access
As of 12/31/2020, the remaining journals will no longer be offered through the Virtual Library. The development of new educational content is underway and will be added on a rolling basis. Stay tuned for more exciting news about what AOAO’s Virtual Library will reveal in the coming months.
Future vision of the Dr. John H. Drabing Virtual Library of the AOAO Foundation
- The Virtual Library will serve as the go-to place for doctors in training for locating texts and mainstream journals that we use on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis.
- The Virtual Library will be the place where practicing surgeons go to refresh their knowledge about a topic as needed.
- The Virtual Library will be a great shared member resource, defraying the cost of these journals and texts to individuals and will serve as the established resource location for the profession.